Last week, I attended a screening of Documented, Jose Antonio Vargas’ film about his coming out as an undocumented immigrant after winning the Pulitzer Prize. His journey is honest, poignant, and humorous. A lesser subject would have cut some of the material showing the strain of the situation on his familial relations, but the film never flinches from the raw story. [...]
The "catch an illegal immigrant" event was deeply offensive not only to undocumented immigrants like me, but also to our American citizen relatives, allies, and supporters, because it struck the kind of ignorant, dissonant chord we fight against every day. [...]
CNN/U.S. plans for second quarter 2014 broadcast [...]
When you're undocumented, a driver's license is not only a driver's license — it's proof that you exist. And while immigrants and allies wait for Congress to act, some local leaders are stepping up. [...]
To me, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech during the historic March in Washington -- given 50 years ago today -- stands tall alongside the Declaration of Independence, the phrase "I have a dream" as intrinsic and essential to the American spirit as the promise that "all men are created equal." [...]
Share Your Story
- Heartbreak and Hope in Miami, by Rev. Laura Barclay
- What I'd Say To The Students Who Organized The "Catch An Illegal Immigrant" Event
- CNN FILMS Acquires DOCUMENTED in Advance of International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- Why Undocumented Immigrants Need Driver's Licenses
- 'I Have a Dream': An Undocumented Immigrant Version
- Documented: A Film By An Undocumented American
- Superman is an immigrant.
- New to talking about immigration? Here are 5 truths you should know.
- Congressman Bobby Rush wants his colleagues to drop the i-word
- Statement on Immigration Bill from Jose Antonio Vargas