To me, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech during the historic March in Washington -- given 50 years ago today -- stands tall alongside the Declaration of Independence, the phrase "I have a dream" as intrinsic and essential to the American spirit as the promise that "all men are created equal." [...]
I have spent the past two years working a feature film. What began as a documentary on the undocumented immigrant experience in America evolved into a chronicle of my life, as the more universal I tried to make it, the more personal it became. [...]
The story of Superman and his motto for truth, justice and the American Way is something that has connected Americans for decades. Introducing the “Superman Is An Immigrant” Campaign and wearetheamericanway.tumblr.com [...]
We’re always meeting people who are new to talking about immigration and others who are looking for news conversations to bring their friends and family along. Here are 5 truths you should know! [...]
Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) introduced House Resolution 155 in April, asking his colleagues to use more humane and respectful language and to not refer to human beings as “illegal.” He's started a petition on MoveOn.org asking people to reach out to their local elected officials to support his work. [...]
Share Your Story
- 'I Have a Dream': An Undocumented Immigrant Version
- Documented: A Film By An Undocumented American
- Superman is an immigrant.
- New to talking about immigration? Here are 5 truths you should know.
- Congressman Bobby Rush wants his colleagues to drop the i-word
- Statement on Immigration Bill from Jose Antonio Vargas
- VIDEO: "Immigration is: Documented"
- AP Drops "Illegal Immigrant" from Stylebook
- Telling a Different Story
- Celebrating Parents, The Original Dreamers