Jose Antonio Vargas tells Rachel Maddow the Heritage Foundation is not entitled to their own facts and challenges the organization to give undocumented people a platform to address them in person. [...]
Jose has written an op-ed today for the New York Times, in which he says that he is the only undocumented immigrant in his family - a trait he shares with over 17 million other Americans. [...]
What defines us as Americans runs deeper than documentation. We are excited today to help lead a renewed conversation about the innumerable ways new American immigrants make our communities richer and more vibrant. [...]
It's been an amazing year since Define American launched. Here is the year as it played out on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, media, our website, and other channels. Let's keep talking! [...]
This has been a truly amazing year for Define American. Following the release of Jose Antonio Vargas' essay in New York Times Magazine, "My life as an undocumented immigrant," (June 22, 2011), Define American was created as a way to elevate the immigration conversation. [...]
Share Your Story
- 'I Have a Dream': An Undocumented Immigrant Version
- Documented: A Film By An Undocumented American
- Superman is an immigrant.
- New to talking about immigration? Here are 5 truths you should know.
- Congressman Bobby Rush wants his colleagues to drop the i-word
- Statement on Immigration Bill from Jose Antonio Vargas
- VIDEO: "Immigration is: Documented"
- AP Drops "Illegal Immigrant" from Stylebook
- Telling a Different Story
- Celebrating Parents, The Original Dreamers