The national trauma of 9/11 brought on another hurdle. Immigrants had become the “other.“ Many communities suffered severe profiling and bias attacks, especially in New York City. For those of us working in the immigration advocacy space, we knew no immigration reform bill would pass for years to come. [...]
If my immigration status wasn’t an issue, I’d be traveling, graduating college and would probably be on the path to law school. My work in advocacy and in my community would have been exponentially stronger and I may have even started my own business. [...]
I could easily have been deported this summer. But I'm just one of 11 million... [...]
My sons, Issac and Felipe are part of the roughly 4.5 million native-born US citizen children that have at least one undocumented parent and part of the almost 90% of US citizen children in Chicago with immigrant parents. [...]
Over 11 million undocumented Americans remain in limbo [...]
Share Your Story
- An "Undocumented Immigrant" Is Generating Serious Oscar Buzz
- Could an Undocumented American Land an Oscar Nom This Season?
- Celebrating a Marriage of Cultures
- Standing up for Civil and Labor Rights in New Orleans
- To Define is to Limit
- ‘DOCUMENTED’ HITS DIGITAL HD AND DVD OCTOBER 7TH
- Beacon of Light Barred from Contributing to CA
- White and Undocumented -- why I’m not stopped by border patrol
- When Supporting Your Family Earns a Criminal Record
- Will America live up to its promise?