“By providing undocumented American students an easier path to higher education, regardless of their immigration status, Congress has given Dreamers an opportunity to continue to work hard and give back to their communities. This bill goes a long way toward recognizing that Dreamers are not a liability to our nation, but Americans who will contribute to our economy and help ensure our country remains internationally competitive.” [...]
Today, Reverend Ryan M. Eller, Executive Director of Define American, released this statement regarding the amendment proposed by Senator Vitter to dismantle the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees that anyone born in the United States is an American citizen. [...]
“We included a clip from ‘Documented’ in our training because Jose's story tells the same story of many immigrants living in Suffolk County that the new recruits will be protecting and serving” said Maryann Slutsky, Executive Director of Long Island Wins. [...]
Define American Development Director, Julissa Arce went from selling funnel cakes in Texas to derivatives at Wall Street’s most profitable securities firm [...]
Stories need to be central in media coverage [...]
Share Your Story
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans
- Would You Call Jesus Illegal?
- Manny Pacquiao fights for the Filipino
- Sebastien de la Cruz’s Story in 7 Gifs
- Rihanna's American Oxygen Video
- Casting Call
- DEFINE AMERICAN LAUNCHES PLEDGE CAMPAIGN URGING MEDIA TO STOP USING TERM “ILLEGAL”