“We included a clip from ‘Documented’ in our training because Jose's story tells the same story of many immigrants living in Suffolk County that the new recruits will be protecting and serving” said Maryann Slutsky, Executive Director of Long Island Wins. [...]
Define American Development Director, Julissa Arce went from selling funnel cakes in Texas to derivatives at Wall Street’s most profitable securities firm [...]
Stories need to be central in media coverage [...]
A partnership between Jose Antonio Vargas and Los Angeles Times [...]
"Whenever we think about this issue, how many times do we talk about you?" Vargas said to a ballroom full of educators at the National Council for the Social Studies conference. "How many times do we talk about these allies that the media doesn't cover? ... They don't think you're a part of it, but you are a part of it." [...]
Share Your Story
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans
- Would You Call Jesus Illegal?
- Manny Pacquiao fights for the Filipino
- Sebastien de la Cruz’s Story in 7 Gifs