“Regardless of where an individual falls on the issue of immigration, we should not use language that is divisive and creates a hostile environment. The term has come to have racial undertones and has been used to denigrate fellow human beings; it is immoral to continue perpetuating it in the media,” said Rev. Ryan M. Eller, executive director of Define American. [...]
“By providing undocumented American students an easier path to higher education, regardless of their immigration status, Congress has given Dreamers an opportunity to continue to work hard and give back to their communities. This bill goes a long way toward recognizing that Dreamers are not a liability to our nation, but Americans who will contribute to our economy and help ensure our country remains internationally competitive.” [...]
Today, Reverend Ryan M. Eller, Executive Director of Define American, released this statement regarding the amendment proposed by Senator Vitter to dismantle the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees that anyone born in the United States is an American citizen. [...]
“We included a clip from ‘Documented’ in our training because Jose's story tells the same story of many immigrants living in Suffolk County that the new recruits will be protecting and serving” said Maryann Slutsky, Executive Director of Long Island Wins. [...]
Define American Development Director, Julissa Arce went from selling funnel cakes in Texas to derivatives at Wall Street’s most profitable securities firm [...]
Share Your Story
- Jose Antonio Vargas: I'm not an 'alien'
- Opinion: To call someone an "illegal alien" is to imply one's mere existence is criminal
- One Mistake As A Teen Made Me An Ally For Undocumented Immigrants
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans