Last week President Obama announced a deferred action that would benefit over 800.000 dreamers. Amongst some of the questions being asked are: who will benefit from this decision?, what benefits does it entail?, when would it start working? and will this policy encourage more illegal immigration? Here is a compillation of relevant resources that help answer those questions: [...]
In Jose Antonio Vargas' words: "Every morning, when I get up and have my first of too many coffees, I tell myself this: I gotta stop preaching to the choir and talk to people who may not agree with me." [...]
Yesterday Define American joined Reform Immigration For America and NCLR to deliver tens of thousands of signatures thanking President Obama for supporting 1 million youth. [...]
As a response to Jose Antonio Vargas' article, TIME Magazine compiled some of the positive and negative responses across social media. What do you think? [...]
Today our country embraces upwards of one million young new Americans: DREAMers. They grew up here, they were educated here and they have so much to give back to the country they call home. [...]
Share Your Story
- 'I Have a Dream': An Undocumented Immigrant Version
- Documented: A Film By An Undocumented American
- Superman is an immigrant.
- New to talking about immigration? Here are 5 truths you should know.
- Congressman Bobby Rush wants his colleagues to drop the i-word
- Statement on Immigration Bill from Jose Antonio Vargas
- VIDEO: "Immigration is: Documented"
- AP Drops "Illegal Immigrant" from Stylebook
- Telling a Different Story
- Celebrating Parents, The Original Dreamers