Stories need to be central in media coverage [...]
A partnership between Jose Antonio Vargas and Los Angeles Times [...]
"Whenever we think about this issue, how many times do we talk about you?" Vargas said to a ballroom full of educators at the National Council for the Social Studies conference. "How many times do we talk about these allies that the media doesn't cover? ... They don't think you're a part of it, but you are a part of it." [...]
Brand-New Curriculum Tied to Immigration and Identity Debuts at the National Council for the Social Studies Conference [...]
Today’s actions by the president, like presidents before him who have also acted on immigration, are a step towards embracing our heritage as a nation of immigrants and ending the suffering of millions. But the real shift can only come once culture embraces our immigrant past and welcomes the diversity in America’s future. [...]
Share Your Story
- Jose Antonio Vargas: I'm not an 'alien'
- Opinion: To call someone an "illegal alien" is to imply one's mere existence is criminal
- One Mistake As A Teen Made Me An Ally For Undocumented Immigrants
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans