Brand-New Curriculum Tied to Immigration and Identity Debuts at the National Council for the Social Studies Conference [...]
Today’s actions by the president, like presidents before him who have also acted on immigration, are a step towards embracing our heritage as a nation of immigrants and ending the suffering of millions. But the real shift can only come once culture embraces our immigrant past and welcomes the diversity in America’s future. [...]
Here’s a fact: The policy changes Obama announced during his prime-time address Thursday night do not constitute “amnesty” (or, as the Republican National Committee calls it, “illegal executive amnesty”). By their very nature, Obama’s executive actions are temporary—not a substitute for congressional action, and nowhere near as comprehensive. Not every undocumented person is covered. [...]
I am the citizen daughter of immigrant parents who were deported when I was 14. My older brother was also deported. [...]
via Fusion | This is life for transgender women in U.S. immigration detention facilities. [...]
Share Your Story
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans
- Would You Call Jesus Illegal?
- Manny Pacquiao fights for the Filipino
- Sebastien de la Cruz’s Story in 7 Gifs