"I thought I was gonna make Waiting for Superman meets the Dream Act," Vargas explained. "I'd direct it and stay out of it." [...]
Despite the bride and groom’s cultural differences, there are similarities to their families’ immigration stories. [...]
Yestel recalls one occasion when he was helping rebuild a school named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He had heard Dr. King’s name mentioned before, and began doing research to learn more. He was inspired by what he learned about Dr. King and the many people who struggled alongside him for civil rights—though Yestel didn’t yet know that he would wind up in a civil rights fight of his own. [...]
as Oscar Wilde said, “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” We need to remind the American people that we are not these criminals that we are painted out to be. [...]
Vargas’ first person documentary examining immigration and identity available for pre-‐order now [...]
Share Your Story
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans
- Would You Call Jesus Illegal?
- Manny Pacquiao fights for the Filipino
- Sebastien de la Cruz’s Story in 7 Gifs
- Rihanna's American Oxygen Video
- Casting Call
- DEFINE AMERICAN LAUNCHES PLEDGE CAMPAIGN URGING MEDIA TO STOP USING TERM “ILLEGAL”