Casting a ballot meant having my voice be heard—it said, I am here, and regardless of where I came from, where I work, what color my skin is- you have to count my vote. [...]
“My father used to say, ‘Shoot for the stars, and you’ll land on the moon,’” she says. “It’s important to follow your heart and instincts. No matter your goals in life, work everyday to reach them.” [...]
One of the most difficult things about having privilege is giving it up, but that's exactly what Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas did in 2011. [...]
"I thought I was gonna make Waiting for Superman meets the Dream Act," Vargas explained. "I'd direct it and stay out of it." [...]
Despite the bride and groom’s cultural differences, there are similarities to their families’ immigration stories. [...]
Share Your Story
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans
- Would You Call Jesus Illegal?
- Manny Pacquiao fights for the Filipino
- Sebastien de la Cruz’s Story in 7 Gifs