Last night, Jose appeared on the Rachel Maddow Show and discussed the ability of our country to have the conversation around immigration that we must have. MADDOW: "...having covered Presidential campaigns in real-time and up close, do you feel [...]
I was born in Cordoba, Veracruz. I was raised in Beaverton, Oregon. All I've ever wanted was to study, to get the education that my parents risked everything for me to get. I moved to Oregon when I was 8. I attended Barnes Elementary School, [...]
I'm a 33-year-old soon-to-be mother of two. It wasn't until 2.5 years ago that I became a documented and legal immigrant. I came here to the US when I was 4.5 years old on a tourist visa with my family and like most, overstayed. I was [...]
My story is very similar - successful but living in the shadow. I tire of not seeing my family. Currently, I employ eight Americans, people who would be the first to condemn me. But I try my best to treat people the way I would like to [...]
In his conversation with Howard Kurtz on CNN this evening, Jose poignantly notes that "the best way to solve a problem is to tell the truth about it." He couldn't be more right. This campaign is about telling the true stories of [...]
Share Your Story
- 'I Have a Dream': An Undocumented Immigrant Version
- Documented: A Film By An Undocumented American
- Superman is an immigrant.
- New to talking about immigration? Here are 5 truths you should know.
- Congressman Bobby Rush wants his colleagues to drop the i-word
- Statement on Immigration Bill from Jose Antonio Vargas
- VIDEO: "Immigration is: Documented"
- AP Drops "Illegal Immigrant" from Stylebook
- Telling a Different Story
- Celebrating Parents, The Original Dreamers