The "catch an illegal immigrant" event was deeply offensive not only to undocumented immigrants like me, but also to our American citizen relatives, allies, and supporters, because it struck the kind of ignorant, dissonant chord we fight against every day. [...]
CNN/U.S. plans for second quarter 2014 broadcast [...]
When you're undocumented, a driver's license is not only a driver's license — it's proof that you exist. And while immigrants and allies wait for Congress to act, some local leaders are stepping up. [...]
To me, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech during the historic March in Washington -- given 50 years ago today -- stands tall alongside the Declaration of Independence, the phrase "I have a dream" as intrinsic and essential to the American spirit as the promise that "all men are created equal." [...]
I have spent the past two years working a feature film. What began as a documentary on the undocumented immigrant experience in America evolved into a chronicle of my life, as the more universal I tried to make it, the more personal it became. [...]
Share Your Story
- Jose Antonio Vargas: I'm not an 'alien'
- Opinion: To call someone an "illegal alien" is to imply one's mere existence is criminal
- One Mistake As A Teen Made Me An Ally For Undocumented Immigrants
- "White People" Documentary Examining Race and Immigration Airs Tonight
- All New Trailer for MTV’s “White People” Asks Uncomfortable Questions On White Privilege And White Frustration
- The Courage to Be Undocumented
- New Online Campaign Encourages Undocumented Americans to “Come Out”
- Happy 4 years #DefineAmerican!
- The South, Not Just in Black and White
- KQED Op/Ed references Undocumented Americans