On the whole, yesterday's announcement from the Obama administration is a positive step for immigration reform. Though while "positive," it is also a "big but small" step. It's a big step because, as immigration advocates [...]
I first met America, my new home, on August 3, 1993 -- exactly 18 years ago today. Like all mothers, mama wanted to give me a better life. So she sent me thousands of miles away to live with her parents in California, where she believed a wealth of [...]
Less than a month after the U.S. Senate held its first hearing on the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to legalization for America’s undocumented youth, comes another first today: the inaugural hearing, called on by the Senate, about the [...]
(originally published in The Hill on 07/25/11) The only way to solve a problem, parents chide their children, is to tell the truth. Earlier this summer, I shared my own truth: I’m an undocumented American. In sharing a very personal [...]
Dear Friends, Take a moment, please, to give your driver's license a warm, friendly hug. Last night I learned that my driver's license from the state of Washington is being revoked. It's not unexpected, given how I laid out in detail [...]
Share Your Story
- When Supporting Your Family Earns a Criminal Record
- Will America live up to its promise?
- What will it finally take to be recognized as Americans?
- Should all Americans have the right to an education?
- Why I Turned Myself in to DHS
- What are you most proud of?
- Will the President keep his word?
- Are you with the #1of11Million?
- ICYMI: #1of11Million Media Roundup
- Press Release: Define American, in Partnership with the National Immigration Law Center, Launches National #1of11Million Campaign