Those Who Are Trying To Change Our Immigration System Have Benefited From It
- People come to the United States and they want to bring their families. President Trump, Stephen Miller and Tucker Carlson are all in the United States today because a member of their families decided to immigrate to the United States in search of a better life.
Family-Based Migration Is Good, Chain Migration Is A Hate Group Slur
- SPLC-designated hate groups have waged a successful campaign to label family-based migration as “chain migration.”
- The language around immigration has been weaponized. The term “chain migration” is the tip of the spear in a campaign to change America’s immigration policy.
- These organizations are using language to push policies that make it harder for people who are from non-majority white countries to legally come to America.
We Must Challenge And Change The Culture In Which We Talk About Immigration
- At Define American, we have always known this isn’t just a political fight, and that in order to improve the politics of immigration, we must first improve the culture in which immigrants are seen.
- Immigration is about families. Families are about love and at the end of the day, all of this is about our love for America.
- Whether immigrants are seen as the Americans they truly are, or whether we see in new immigrants the same light we saw in our family members and ancestors, we must challenge and change the culture in which we talk about immigration.