Support Communities Left Out
and Left Behind in this Pandemic
Citizenship is defined by our actions —
not by our immigration status.
5 Actions You Can Take Today to Demonstrate Citizenship
Be a good neighbor. Be a helper. Take action.
1. Sign the pledge below and commit to take action. (Takes just 1 minute!)
When you sign the pledge, we will send you a series of emails with different ways you can take action to support immigrant communities as we emerge from this pandemic.
2. See all the ways that we are “In This Together.” (Takes 4 minutes!)
Check out the playlist below to learn about a Minneapolis chef, a booming Seattle Facebook group, a New Jersey kid with lots of hand sanitizer and more people helping their communities.
3. Donate part of your stimulus check to support undocumented Americans and immigrant communities, including families in every town across the nation. (Takes 10 minutes!)
These groups are providing direct support to immigrant communities. Take the pledge for more opportunities to donate.
Or find an organization in your state to support using this list from Informed Immigrant or one of the resources or relief funds on the Immigrants Rising list.
4. Demand that your city, county and state include undocumented and immigrant communities in any public support measures that they are taking and that Congress include all of us in the long recovery ahead. (Takes 5 minutes!)
5. Educate yourself about the disparate impacts of the coronavirus and share with your friends and family. We can’t work towards solving a problem, if we don’t name it first. (Takes 15 minutes!)
Bonus action: Attend a Define American event. Define American is hosting virtual events to highlight the contributions of immigrant communities and to explore critical acts of solidarity during this pandemic.
- Join groundbreaking creators Jon Chu, Franklin Leonard, Prabal Gurung & Nikole Hannah-Jones as we explore how Black and Asian communities can foster solidarity and combat anti-blackness and anti-Asian racism beyond the pandemic.
- Attend our massive online #Immigrad commencement ceremony to honor first, second, and third generation immigrant grads and supporters on campuses across the nation. Join as a graduate or join the cheering section.
Practice Citizenship. Define American.
Sign below if you believe that citizenship is defined by our actions — not by our immigration status.
I define American according to our nation’s ideals of equality — life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all. I recognize that our culture stems from three broad streams of humanity: the indigenous of this land, those brought here by force, and those whose families came seeking freedom, safety and prosperity.
Wherever my roots, whether we arrived by land or by sea, centuries ago or yesterday, with or without papers, I pledge to define my citizenship as action. I will protect and support my neighbors, protest and celebrate together, and most of all, claim America for all of us.